My frequent travels made me want to try out street photography. I wanted to capture the culture of the countries I visit. And street photography is the best way to do it. It isn’t easy, it will be frustrating, but once you capture that perfect moment where everything falls into place, you’ll be wanting for more.
Here are tips you can try if you want to jump into street photography.
![]() |
| Image source : petapixel.com |
1. Speed shooting
How you hold the camera affects how fast you’ll be able to take a shot. And speed makes all the difference in the world in street photography. Because you’re shooting candid, you can’t tell your subject to pause. Sometimes, great moments happen only for a second or two, so be ready.
When I’m walking down the street, I usually wrap the camera strap around my wrist instead of my neck. It is easier to maneuver the camera that way and allows you to shoot from the hip if you need to.
2. Shoot from the hip
The whole idea of candid shots is to not let your subject know you’re photographing them. Putting your camera on your eye to shoot is the best way to let your subjects know you’re taking a photo of them. Shooting from the hip also gives a different perspective. It makes the viewers feel they’re in the moment.
3. Use wide-angle lens
Avoid using a long lens. You’re not shooting a portrait. Once you whip that huge lens out, your subject will act unnaturally, knowing someone might be photographing them. The wide-angle lens also helps you get closer to your subject, giving more intimacy in your shot.
![]() |
| Image source : petapixel.com |
I’m Shahriar Ekbatani, from Miami Florida. Thanks for visiting my blog. If you want more information about travel photography, follow me on LinkedIn.


No comments:
Post a Comment